Books are big part of my life. I love them! But there is more to my life than just books. Since I would like to share more than just books and reviews this is going to be a weekly feature, on Monday, in which I share some fun things and facts of the last week or things that are currently happening in my life.
- I am back home. It was very unexpected to say the least because we had not planned on coming home for at least a couple of days. Last Thursday we decided we wanted to go someplace else and instead of going farther south we opted of going to Antwerp in Belgium to stay a couple days. When we arrived, we contacted some campsites and they were all fully booked. We were less than an hour away from home and we were so tired so we just decided to drive to my parents house. All in all we had an 11 day vacation instead of 15/16 days but I am quite happy to be home. We went camping for the first time so in hindsight it was a good time to go home. We’ll probably go on a minibreak at the end of August to get some extra vacation in before the next semester begins!
- My younger sister is staying with me right now. It is awesome to have her here :). I have two younger sisters, aged 20 and 18. The eldest does not come over a lot so it is perfect to have her here for a couple of days. I don’t know how long she’ll be staying but we are going to do fun things!
- The last place we visited befor heading home was Avignon. Avignon is most famous for its bridge (now only 4 pillars are left standing!) and its Pope Palace. In the 14th 9 popes were seated in Avignon rather than in Rome. For their benefit they constructed a large palace which is now on the UNESCO World Heritage list. It is absolutely stunning and one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen! I wish I could travel back in time and see it in all its splendour.
This picture does certainly not do it justice so if you’re every nearby you should visit it because it is well worth it!
- I loved this vacation with my boyfriend. We decided to just do everything we wanted to and we would just go home when the vacation fund was empty. We had delicious food and we did such fun things! Because we went home earlier we even have money left over 🙂
- Now I am looking forward to an evening of reading. The boyfriend and my sister are going to movies and I plan on finishing A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, which I started in March 2013. I know, it is an utter shame. It is non-fiction though we makes a little less ridiculous.. I have some other non-fiction books lined up and I am looking forward to those. I am also reading Voyager, the third book in the Outlander series which I really quite like. I need to read the books closer together though. I noticed that I forgot a lot of what happened in book 1/2..
So this was my week! What have you been up to?