Books are big part of my life. I love them! But there is more to my life than just books. Since I would like to share more than just books and reviews this is going to be a weekly feature, on Monday, in which I share some fun things and facts of the last week or things that are currently happening in my life.
- Our youngest kitty, Bakso, managed to scare the life out of us again. Yesterday he stayed out long, not responding to our calls. I even walked around the neighborhood a couple of times to see if I could find him. When he finally did come home, he was very slow to respond and breathing abnormally fast. We took no risk and called the vet who asked us to come by. Naturally the minute we put him in the cat carrier his breathing returned to normal. To be sure we went to the vet anyway. Luckily he only has a little fever, so the vet gave him an injection and some pills. The downside for him is that he cannot go outside for a couple of days and he does not agree. He has been meowing like crazy today. But luckily he is back to his old self again :).
- I just finished my seventh series this year. I have some many first books of series on my shelf so I vowed at the beginning of this year to finish some. So far it has been really good :). If I keep this up I can hopefully finish 12 in total. That would be awesome! I’ve finished:
(1) Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
(2) Percy Jackson & Olympians series by Rick Riordan
(3) Incarceron duology by Catherine Fisher
(4) Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver
(5) Legend trilogy by Marie Lu
(6) Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi
(7) Slated trilogy by Teri Terry
- I don’t really like cooking that much. However, I have been trying to make an effort to cook more often instead of just relying on boxed meals or my boyfriend’s cooking. Some things are horrible but others turn out to be really great. Yesterday we had a delicious spaghetti with a ricotta cheese sauce and some bacon. Earlier in the week we had a really nice caesar salad. It was jummie!
- I’ve been sorting out my courses for the coming semester of university. I was a mess. I still need about 85 credits this year to get my Bachelor’s degree in American Studies. Since I wanted them to be evenly spread throughout the year I had some difficulties finding good ones. Unfortunately, there was one course I really wanted to do, called War & Peace, but that course is not longer taught :(. It seems that I have unrolled for all the right courses now but I still need to have them approved by the exam board via our studyadvisor. Super fun to find out that our studyadvisor had quit and there is no new one yet. When I called the Student Office I was directed to email someone for information only to get an email back that she is out of office until August 19th. Seriously, those people can drive you crazy. Luckily I have a month left to make sure everything is approved but still, sooner would be better than later!
- For the rest of the week I really just did nothing. I mainly hung around a lot, watching some tv (Sleepy Hollow, anyone?) and read some books. I am not working currently and obviously uni has not started yet. I am kinda bored at times but once the new semester stars I’ll be wishing it was vacation again ;).
Q. This was my week! Did you do anything fun last week? Tell me about it in the comments :)!