Yes! New month, new big and shiny stack of books I want to read. I am very happy with the things I read last month and met all the goals I had set for myself. This month it is time to read even more. So first off:
(1) Read 15 books
(2) Finish 2 series
(3) Read every day (even if it is only a couple of pages!)
Now for the fun part! What am I going to read in September? I did not plan to do this but my tbr became riddled with sequels. I therefore decided to make this month sequel month.
There are a lot of library books there so I wont be knocking off as many books from my own shelves but at least I’ll get some series done!
From top to bottom:
1) Janet Evanovich – Three to get Deadly
I loved the first two books, so I decided to keep this series going. As soon as I finish book 3, I will order the next.
2) Prince Caspian – C.S. Lewis
I have never read the entire Chronicles of Narnia. I have now read book the first 3 books and can’t wait to read Prince Caspian. Almost halfway!
3) The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck
The only book I have ever read by John Steinbeck is Of Mice and Men. I borrowed the audiobook from the library because I process classics quicker if I listen to them.
4) The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making – Catherynne M. Valente
5) The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There – Catherynne M. Valente
6) The Girl Who Soared over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two – Catherynne M. Valente
The first book was really cute so I want to marathon the trilogy to see what happens next. I will be rereading book 1 since it has been a while. I know that more books are coming in this series but those will be narrated by a different character. I consider those to be separate.
7) The Ascension of the Whyte – Karen Wrighton
I won this book in a giveaway, and it is signed!! I am really excited to read it. So much so, that I have already started.
8) Dead as a Doornail – Charlaine Harris
This is the 5th books in the Sookie Stackhouse series. The entire series is out so am I reading one, about each month to finish this.
9) Girl of Nightmares – Kendare Blake
Really liked Anna Dressed in Blood so I want to finish this series.
10) The Book of Tomorrow – Cecilia Ahern
Never read anything by her but I have heard great things. It has been a while since I read chicklit/romance novels.
11) The Passage – Justin Cronin
12) The Twelve – Justin Cronin
The first book has been on my tbr for ages. I started it a week ago but haven’t read a lot yet. Hope to finish this series as well.
13) The Pharaohs
This book is massive and really heavy. Luckily it has a lot of pictures! I am really interested in history and when I say this is my library it felt like something I might like. I started it and it is really interesting so far.
14) Romeo and Juliet – William Shakespeare
Read this classic when I was younger but want to reread it. Or rather, listen to it. The recording is the original style, so I am reading along with a modern English translation.
15) The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
This is mandatory reading for a class on Identity and Ideology. I have tried to read it last year but didn’t get far. Hopefully I’ll finish it this time!
So, this is it. A long list. Last month I did good reading wise in terms of numbers. But, I really want to read a lot of books from this list I made today. Hopefully I’ll be able to do that!
Q: Which one should I really read first??