I have planned for a while to participate in this read-a-thon. I just love read-a-thon’s! But then I forgot about and suddenly it is here. It starts tomorrow! The last 2 weeks have been really bad for me in terms of reading. I have finished about 1.5 books and I am not happy with those numbers! Luckily this read-a-thon starts at the right time and gives me ample time to enjoy some reading in the rest of the month!
The Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon is hosted by My Shelf Confessions and takes place from October 17 to October 27, 2014. This gives me 11 days to read a massive amount of pages!
I am going to keep my goals rather simple; they are really aimed to get me reading again so I am not going to be harsh with myself :).
1) Simple – read everyday, even though it is only 20 pages. I need to remember why it is so much fun to read again!
2) Try to finish 4 books during the read-a-thon. From previous read-a-thon’s I know that this is doable in 7 days but again I want to keep the pressure low.
3) Enjoy reading again! Participate on twitter, try my hand at the challenges and keep you guys up to date with progress posts here on Jirrine Reads Fiction.
4) Comment on 5 people’s progress every day. We are all doing this together and it is awesome to support each other :).
Well, now for my very tentative tbr:
1) If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I really want to see the movie but I want to read the book first.
2) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Same goes for this book.
3) Dune by Frank Herbert. Started this book a few weeks ago. It is massive but enjoyable so far. I would really like to get to the halfway point.
4) Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. This book is fun although somewhat slow. I am nearing the halfway point so finishing this should be a formality.
5) Dracula – Bram Stoker. This read-a-thon is called wonderfully wicked for a reason so a good creepy book is a necessary element. Hopefully I will not be too freaked out by Dracula!
I am ready to get back into the groove with reading. Wish me luck! Oh and if you are participating leave me your sign-up post/tbr below. I would love to check it out!